Read // Surveys
All our surveys
7. Do you think it is more appropriate for a company to own or rent its operating buildings?
Choose your answer
|One cannot say as there is not a fit-for-all answer||51||53.68%|
6. Do you think that companies would be better off if retail banking activities were separated from investment banking activities?
5. What is a risk free rate for you?
|A long term government bond||101||10.13%|
|A long term government bond with an AAA rating||359||36.01%|
|A corporate bond with an AAA rating||45||4.51%|
|A treasury bill issued by a AAA rated government||368||36.91%|
|A short term interest rate like Eonia, Euribor or Libor||124||12.44%|
4. Who should bear the most blame for their role in the financial crisis?
|the regulators who didn't see it coming||92||12.89%|
|investors who are always after bigger returns||61||8.54%|
|the monetary authorities who left too much cash floating around the economy for too long||89||12.46%|
|traders who only ever think about themselves||23||3.22%|
|banks who lent money to all and sundry||115||16.11%|
|the rating agencies who gave AAA ratings to assets that weren't worth the paper they were written on||141||19.75%|
|firms that took on too much debt||17||2.38%|
|teachers of finance who were unable to pass on their knowledge||8||1.12%|
|students of finance who failed to spend enough time burried in their books (especially the Vernimmen)||24||3.36%|
|nobody, crises are inevitable||54||7.56%|
|the whole capitalist system, which doesn't work||90||12.61%|
3. The msci world index reached an all-time high at around 1,7000 in october 2007.
it is now close to 950. when do you think it will again go above 1,700 points?
|In less than one year||11||2.80%|
|Between one and two years||41||10.43%|
|Between two and three years||84||21.37%|
|Between three and five years||132||33.59%|
|In more than five years||96||24.43%|
2. Does finance encourage economic growth?
1. Which valuation method do you prefer?
|Discounted Dividend Model||114||4.80%|
|Net restated value||28||1.18%|
|Discounted cash flows||849||35.76%|
|P/E ratio (net income multiple)||95||4.00%|